SIMPLE TO USE · QUICK RESPONSE
· PRECISE MEASUREMENT
Our participants agree: the Dräger Interlock™ XT is the most user-friendly device on the market.
- The Interlock XT is rapidly ready for use, even at extreme temperatures.
- The Dräger fuel sensor technology within the instrument is reliable and accurate, and used in evidential breath alcohol instruments worldwide.
- The easy blow/suck technique is the most user friendly on the market compared to humming or other regulated breathing requirements. Our Interlock has a total testing time of 6 seconds.
- The Interlock XT has an LC display that prompts the driver with full text messages available in several languages; there are no codes the user has to decipher.
- The Interlock XT can be installed on any motor vehicle (motorcycles, scooters, RVs, boat, etc.)
- The LED output option is available for the hearing impaired and motorcycles.
- There are no complicated keypads; menu navigation can be completed with an up arrow, down arrow and OK button.
What to expect at your installation appointment
- A typical installation appointment takes 1 to 2 hours, but may take longer for some vehicles.
- You will receive complete training on the use of the Dräger Interlock XT and will watch an instructional video.
- A certified service technician will install the equipment into the motor vehicle.
- You will need to complete the administrative paperwork, including the contract and lease agreement.
- You can schedule your next monitoring check and calibration appointment.
- The service technician will provide you with a user manual in English or Spanish and answer any questions that you may have.
Scheduling your Installation Appointment
To schedule your installation appointment, please have your personal vehicle and monitoring agency information available.
- First and Last Name
- Address, City, State, and Zip code
- Phone Number
- Date of Birth
- Drivers license number
- Vehicle type
- Owner Information
- Due date for interlock installation
- Case Number
- Agency (who ordered the installation of the interlock?)
- Agent (Case mgr, probation officer) who gets the report?
- What location is most convenient for you?
Scheduling your removal appointment
Before we can schedule your removal appointment, we must receive the removal paperwork from your monitoring agency. This document varies according to each jurisdiction and can come in the form of a removal order, license reinstatement, etc. We will work with you and your agency to ensure that the correct paperwork is received and the removal process is as painless as possible.
How long does it take for the interlock to warm up and request a breath test?
The Dräger Interlock XT is ready for a test within 20 seconds. This quick response ensures that you can begin your drive as quickly as possible.
How much do you charge for installation?
Installation fees vary by location. To find out the fees at your location call (800)332-6858.
What is the lockout set-point? (At what level will the interlock detect alcohol and record a failure?)
Interlock lockout set points are determined by state laws and rules of your jurisdiction. Check with a legal advisor in your state for guidance on the lockout set point and other requirements in your area.
What is the size of the interlock and can it be hidden?
Our interlock can be easily concealed when the vehicle is off. The handset fits comfortably in the palm of your hand, measuring only 5.9” x 2.8”.
Do we provide the clients a list of substances that can cause a false reading?
No. Refer to the user manual for warning against eating, drinking any fluids or smoking within 15 minutes prior to providing an initial breath test.
If the monitoring agency releases a report to the defense attorney, do we provide interpretation of the report if the attorney requests it?
No. The Draeger call center does not give legal advice or interpret reports for callers or other inquirers. A sample report with illustrative reading instructions is available upon request via email or regular mail, and should answer the caller’s basic questions. All other inquiries must be made in writing and directed to our legal department.
Can individuals receive the reports?
Except for voluntary participants and users in states with contrary legal requirements, Draeger will not provide reports to any individuals other than the appropriate monitoring agents and certain licensed professionals (such as attorneys, health care providers and counselors). Reports will only be sent to licensed professionals following payment of the reporting fees and receipt of all necessary approvals (such as user consent and any required state approvals).
Do we have a camera or a way to identify who is taking the test?
Draeger makes a camera unit for the Interlock XT that records the image of the person taking the test. Camera units may not be offered in all areas, so check with your local service center as to whether they make the camera option available.
Is there a way for us to know if a client is eligible to get the interlock if they refused breath test?
The Draeger call center does not give legal advice or interpret state laws. Check with a legal advisor in your state for guidance on this and other questions relating to local laws and DUI procedures.
Is anyone else allowed to drive the vehicle?
State laws vary on whether persons other than the interlock program participant are allowed to drive a vehicle with an installed interlock device. Check with a legal advisor in your state for guidance on this and other questions relating to local laws and DUI procedures.
Can the breath sample volume be lowered?
The Interlock XT is set to operate at the standard sample volume of 1500ml. It is Draeger’s practice not to alter this standard setting unless we receive either (1) written approval from the appropriate court of jurisdiction to lower the breath sample volume (e.g. a valid court order); or (2) documentation from a licensed physician verifying and explaining the extent of the diminished lung capacity and the need for lowered air volume for a breath sample. In some cases, additional approval from the State authority is also required. Once the required authorization is received, it is further our policy not lower the sample volume below a minimum amount that Draeger deems sufficient for effective operation of our ignition interlock devices.
Can I purchase an Interlock XT rather than lease on a monthly basis?
Draeger allows unsolicited sales of the Interlock XT to voluntary participants only. Purchasers of the Interlock will still be required to sign a voluntary participant lease and service agreement, but an addendum will be added to the contract to replace the monthly lease payments with a purchase price and impose certain other terms and conditions of purchase.
If I miss my appointment, do I have to tow my vehicle in for service?
In most cases, the Dräger Interlock XT has a remote unlocking system that can be done through the service provider. However, some states require the vehicle to be towed to the service center.
Call (800) 332-6858 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule your installation!
Contact us to schedule your installation appointment.